What Information Do We Collect?
Here is a list of PPI (Personally Identifiable Information) that we store about our customers who visit, have made an account or purchase through our Slanj Kilts website; as well as the reason for storing this information.
- Payer ID - Used to Identity a particular payment and the person whom made the payment.
- First Name - Used to uniquely identify the customer, along with their Surname.
- Middle Name/Initial - Used to uniquely identify the customer, along with their Surname.
- Surname - Used to uniquely identify the customer, along with their First Name.
- Date of Birth - Used to uniquely identify the customer, along with First Name & Surname.
- Address - Used to document the address of the recipient for billing and security purposes.
- Email Address - Used to send the customer the order invoice, once the order has been reviewed and payment has been accepted.
- Phone Number - Used as a means of contact, in case the user allows us to contact them using this method.
- Product Measurements - Used to identify and confirm the measurements of the selected products; as well as used to create the order slip for the products to be created.
- Billing Address - Used to verify the address of the customer for security purposes
- Shipping Address - Used as the physical address where the products will be shipped upon the completion of the order.
- Shipping Tracking Number - Used to store the tracking number that was supplied by our mail carrier which we send to the customer through their email address. This allows the customer to track the delivery of their products.
- Confirmation of Newsletter Signup - Used to get explicit consent from the user requesting to be sent marketing or contact emails from our team.
- Default Billing Address - Used to store the user’s preferred billing address, which can be easily selected during the checkout process.
- Default Shipping Address - Used to store the user’s preferred shipping address, which can be easily selected during the checkout process.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
How Do We Use This Information?
We use the information we have to deliver our Products; this includes allowing the purchase of our products online, the processing of payments through our payment gateway SagePay, the processing of your order, supplying the order confirmation and invoice to be sent through email to the customer and sending out your product for shipping by the relevant mail carrier. We also use your information for data analysis using Google Analytics and your details for sending out marketing email campaigns, to promote our own personal products and services. For these non-essential processes on our website you can opt-out of providing your details to Mailchimp for our email marketing and you can choose to decline the Google Analytics Tracker being implemented upon visiting our website for the first time. How Is This Information Shared? In order to provide the services available for our website, we have to share particular pieces of information with specific companies for processing, ordering, payments and shipping. The companies we share information with are:
- SagePay - Used to process the payments made on our online store, using a POST request to a secure SagePay Payment Gateway. The information entered by the user on SagePay’s payment form are secured and processed by Sagepay with a transaction id and authorisation code sent to us to confirm your payment has been processed. At no point do we store your credit card information in our database or anywhere else in our backend storage. What this means is that we take the final cost of your order and redirect you to a webpage on the SagePay secure server, where you enter your information in order to complete the transaction.
- Google Analytics - Upon visiting our website for the first time there is a Cookie Prompt which asks for explicit consent from our users to embed the tracking script tag within our webpage; which will allow us to track what webpages you visit, products you purchase, location where you access our website. We use IP anonymization, which means we won’t know your exact location or identity but only the city you are currently accessing our website from.
- Mailchimp - Used to store your name and email address, so we can send you marketing emails about our services and products. You must either subscribe or opt-in to receive marketing emails form us; we don’t use this service without explicit permission from our customers. Mail Carrier- In order for us to ship your purchased products to your shipping address, we have to share your personal details with the Mail Carrier we use to get you your products. This includes your name, address, post code and depending on your location we might need to give a brief description of the products; which is primarily required for international shipments.
What Is Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Data?
We collect, use and share the data we have in the ways described above: as necessary fulfil our Slanj terms of Service; consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time by sending us a email through our Contact Us Form and we’ll get back to you; as necessary to comply with legal obligations; to protect your vital interests, or those of others as necessary in the public interest
How Can You Exercise Your Rights Provided Under The GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and delete your data.You also have the right to object to and restrict processing of your data. This includes: the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using “Unsubscribe” for our Mailchimp email marketing, and the right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party. You can exercise these rights by refusing the embedding of our Google Analytics Script Tag which collects the aforementioned data using our “Cookie Prompt” popup. Once a request has been made from a customer for the information which we hold on them, we will provide this data within one month of the request.
Data Retention, Account Deletion
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Products or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you provide us with your personal information for the purchasing of your products we must keep records of your order, payment invoice and the shipping of your order. We need these pieces of data and PPI (Personally Identifiable Information) so we can process your order and get you the products you purchased on our website. When you delete your account, we delete all of the personal information we have stored within your account but you won’t be able to recover this information later. Information that we have shared with other companies, like Analytics, this data won’t automatically be deleted when you delete your account. You can send us an email asking for us to delete any PPI (Personally Identifiable Information) about yourself and we can process the request as quickly as we can; within a months time of the request. If you want to send us a request to see what information we have on you or if you want us to delete any of the information we currently have on you, then send us request on our Contact Us Page and we will get back to you with the required information.
How To Contact Us With Your Questions?
If you have any questions about anything you have read in this Privacy and Data Policy document or if you have any unanswered questions please feel free to contact us on
- Our Contact Form embed on our website - http://slanjkilts.com/contact
- Email us on - firstname.lastname@example.org Call us on - Glasgow (0141 248 5632) or Edinburgh (0131 557 1666)
- Or you can visit us at our Glasgow or Edinburgh Store: - Glasgow Store - 80 St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5UB Edinburgh Store - 14 St Mary's St, Edinburgh EH1 1SU
At Slanj we have always valued our customers privacy and security, so we tirelessly work to ensure that we’re doing everything we can to ensure the rights of our customers are upheld. in response to the new regulations set forth by the European Union under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations), we have worked and are still working to ensure that our website is GDPR compliant by the deadline of May 25th.